Effective Speaking Competition 2022The Air Cadet League facilitates the Effective Speaking Competition every year and all cadets will have the opportunity to participate in this year’s event at the local Level.
If you are interested in participating please let Lt Hutchinson know by facebook messenger or by email to email@example.com
There will be 3 levels for you to present your speech if you are choosen as the Winner from our Unit which is the Local level then you move on to the Provincial Level, the winner will represent the Province and then move to the National Level where the Winner will be choosen.
The topics are listed below. You choose a topic and prepare a 5 to 6 minute speech. 161 will have their competition on 23rd February and a cadet from our unit will move on to the Provincial Competition on April 9th. All competitions are virtual this Year
Here are the topics for 2022:
1. How can the Air Cadet experience be made more engaging in the post COVID world?
2. Because we are seeing a heightened interest and travel into space, what do you see as the future of space travel?
3. Should every student be required to learn at least one additional language?
4. Should classes about mental health and wellness be added to school curriculum?
5. What is the biggest current threat to the environment and how would you suggest we remedy it?
6. Is effective speaking still relevant today in a society where social networks dictate the pace of information?
7. Why is it important for youth to be engaged & involved in truth & reconciliation?
8. What is the impact of social media on youth?
9. What are the biggest challenges facing youth today?
10. Cadet Choice: must fit into one of these categories: Cadet Life; Science and Technology; Aviation; Canadian History or Citizenship
Further information on how to prepare for a speech, can be found on the National Air Cadet League website http://aircadetleague.com/effective-speaking-program/ January 31, 2022 is the deadline to register. Please let Captain Meunier know if you are interested in participating in this Year’s Competition ASAP. 161 has had a representative from the unit every year at the Provincials, this is a fun activity.