Biathlon is a combination of cross-country skiing or running and marksmanship. It requires tremendous endurance and strength as well as skill and precision. Unpredictable elements including weather and wind conditions make this outdoor sport a fun and rewarding challenge that thousands of cadets participate in each year.
Cadet biathletes participate in a series of competitions at the local level that culminate in provincial / territorial competitions and an annual National Cadet Biathlon Championship.
Pursuit of Excellence – Cadet Biathlon Program
- promotes physical fitness;
- promotes sportsmanship, sport etiquette and fair play;
- develops marksmanship skills;
- provides personal challenge and achievement opportunities;
- builds self-esteem
A Golden Opportunity
Many of our cadet corps / squadrons have long reaped the benefits of competitive biathlon programs at the local, zone, provincial / territorial and national levels. Whether you are aiming for success or achievement in biathlon, physical fitness or just participating in an exciting sport – there are golden opportunities available through cadet biathlon.
What are YOU aiming for?
This ever-popular program has produced many world class athletes, including Myriam Bédard and Jean-Philppe LeGuellec.
Ski for Free
- Training is offered and supervised by qualified biathlon coaches;
- Training material (skis, boots, poles and rifles) may be provided for each cadet participating in the championship series;
- Biathlon training locations are available to all corps / squadrons involved in the biathlon program;
- No membership fee.