Here are the updates for the week:
Friday: NO OPTIONAL TRAINING
Halifax Citizenship Trip: All cadets who signed up for the trip will meet at the armoury at 6:30 AM. Cadets must bring a lunch for the first day that they can eat on the bus. The bus will be departing by 7:00 AM. Cadets were given a kit list with information last night. The kit list is attached: Kit List-Halifax. The bus will be returning on Monday around 5:30 PM. Capt Evan MacDonald is the officer in charge of the trip. He should be contacted with any questions. His phone number can be found on the notices that were sent home.
Sunday: NO OPTIONAL TRAINING
6:20 – 9:10 PM – CO’s Parade – Dress is shirt, tie, and tunic. This will be our last CO’s parade of the year.
– 27 May 17 – ACR Preparation Training Day
– 3 Jun 17 – ACR Set-up/practice
– 4 Jun 17 – Annual Ceremonial Review Parade (Mandatory for all cadets – parents, guests, and the public are welcome to attend)
– 15-17 Jun 17 – Rib Fest Fund Raiser/Community Service
– 18 Jun 17 – Helicopter Familiarization Flights
Policy Information from the Area Office:
Subject: Eyeglasses, Lenses, Contact Lenses, and Frames
1. The CAF will not replace or repair lost or broken glasses or contact lenses.
2. These items are the personal property of members of the Cadet/JCR. It is strongly recommended that the Cadets or the parent have insurance coverage for the repair/replacement of eyeglasses.
3. In addition, cadets requiring eyeglasses shall have in their possession two pairs of glasses and a copy of the prescription.
4. Cadets shall be reminded that they are responsible for the safety of their eyeglasses and must exercise due diligence in preventing loss or damage (wearing retaining straps, etc).
Subject: Cadet and Parent E-mail Addresses on File
The region will be sending out information to parents and cadets this year using information found in the cadets’ Fortress files (the information you are asked to update each fall and when the cadet joins). This year’s CTC (summer training) prep approach will include content available on our Regional and CTC Facebook Pages intended to help augment your local CTC preparation communications. In addition to this will be an email outreach campaign to cadets and their parents/guardian(s) to help keep them informed of CTC activities. In order for the email campaign to be successful, we’re asking for your support in ensuring the FORTRESS files for those attending CTC this summer include an email address for both cadet and at least one parent/guardian.
Current Level 3s and Above:
Parade position applications were handed out last night and are available on the squadron website. These applications for next training year must be handed in prior to this year’s ACR (June 4).
Lost and found: There were several items of clothing/personal kit recovered from our recent field training exercise. If anything belongs to you, please pick up your items in the squadron office ASAP. Items not claimed by the end of the training year will be discarded or donated.
Note: On Saturday, June 3rd there will be a 75th anniversary reception for all 161 squadron alumni (former cadets, staff, parents, sponsors, or anyone with any affiliation to the squadron). Tickets are $25 and are available from the squadron office or online. Visit our website at https://161aircadets.ca/75th-anniversary/ to purchase tickets, memorabilia, or find out more information about what is happening at 161. This week is the deadline for ticket purchases. Please pass on this information to anyone you think may be interested.
Reminder: If a cadet cannot make it to a Wednesday night/regular event, the cadet should leave a message on the squadron answering machine 632-3215. Please do not e-mail Capt Phinney or post on facebook. This will ensure the admin o gets the message and can mark the cadet as excused.
For more information check out our website at 161aircadets.ca, our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/161aircadets/, and follow us on Twitter @161aircadets.