Thanks to all of our cadets who participated in last Sunday’s marksmanship competition. Congratulations to Sgt Hamilton who had the top score overall at the competition!
Here are the updates for the week:
6:00 – 7:00 PM – Drill team
7:00 – 9:30 PM – Band practice
6:45 PM – Community service – Serving dinner at 53 Branch Legion (East) (FSgt Colwell, FSgt, Reed, and Sgt Wallce). Dress is shirt, tie, and tunic
6:00 – 9:00 PM – Recreational marksmanship, model building, RC flying, and flight simulation
6:20 – 9:10 PM – Regular Training Dress is t-shirt and tunic
– 8 Apr 17 – Swimming at the Canada Games Aquatic Center (2:00 PM) for all cadets
– 8 Apr 17 – C7 Familiarization training for senior cadets (Level 4+) who will be attending C7 training weekend in Gagetown (at the armoury- times TBC)
– 9 Apr 17 – 1:00 PM –9:00 PM Squadron History Yearbook Restoration Project: Cadets, parents, and alumni are invited to assist with updating our history books for our 75th anniversary
– 21-23 Apr – C7 Marksmanship Training Weekend (CFB Gagetown) for Level 4+ cadets
– 23 Apr 17 – 1:00 PM –9:00 PM Squadron History Yearbook Restoration Project: Cadets, parents, and alumni are invited to assist with updating our history books for our 75th anniversary
– 29-30 Apr 17 – Survival Training Exercise (Mandatory training for all cadets)
– 20-22 May 17 – Citizenship trip to Halifax for all cadets
– 4 Jun 17 – Annual Ceremonial Review Parade (Mandatory for all cadets – parents, guests, and the public are welcome to attend)
Many cadets received offers of participation for summer training courses. Please sign these forms and return to the squadron as soon as possible.
– League Tickets are now DUE – All cadets should return their league tickets the next time they are at a cadet activity
Reminder: If a cadet cannot make it to a Wednesday night/regular event, the cadet should leave a message on the squadron answering machine 632-3215. Please do not e-mail Capt Phinney or post on facebook. This will ensure the admin o gets the message and can mark the cadet as excused.
For more information check out our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/161aircadets/ and follow us on Twitter @161aircadets.