Here are the updates for the week:
NO DRILL TEAM
6:30 – 9:00 PM – Band practice
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM – C7 familiarization training for senior cadets (level 4+) who will be attending C7 training in Gagetown. Dress is civilian clothing. Bring a lunch.
10:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Our sponsor, 250 Wing will be selling League Tickets at Lancaster Mall. They are looking for a few cadets to help with this. If you are available for a 2 hour shift (10-12, 12-2, 2-4, 4-6), please let Capt Phinney know. Dress will be uniform (shirt, tie, and tunic). Money raised will go towards the cadet’s fund raising total.
1:00 – 9:00 PM – Squadron history restoration project: Cadets, parents, alumni, and staff are invited to help this Sunday as we sort through 75 years of photos, newspaper clippings, etc. The plan is to have all photos and items placed in scrapbooks for this year’s ACR. You don’t have to stay for the entire day but if you are staying all day, we will feed you.
6:00 – 9:00 PM – Recreational marksmanship, model building, RC flying, and flight simulation
6:20 – 9:10 PM – Regular Training Dress is t-shirt and tunic
– 15 Apr 17 – Swimming at the Canada Games Aquatic Center (2:00 PM) for all cadets
– 21-23 Apr – C7 Marksmanship Training Weekend (CFB Gagetown) for Level 4+ cadets
– 23 Apr 17 – 1:00 PM –9:00 PM Squadron History Yearbook Restoration Project: Cadets, parents, and alumni are invited to assist with updating our history books for our 75th anniversary
– 5-7 May 17 – Survival Training Exercise (Mandatory training for all cadets)
– 13 May 17 – Irving Nature Park Outing
– 20-22 May 17 – Citizenship trip to Halifax for all cadets
– 4 Jun 17 – Annual Ceremonial Review Parade (Mandatory for all cadets – parents, guests, and the public are welcome to attend)
Many cadets received offers of participation for summer training courses. Please sign these forms and return to the squadron as soon as possible.
Reminder: If a cadet cannot make it to a Wednesday night/regular event, the cadet should leave a message on the squadron answering machine 632-3215. Please do not e-mail Capt Phinney or post on facebook. This will ensure the admin o gets the message and can mark the cadet as excused.
For more information check out our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/161aircadets/ and follow us on Twitter @161aircadets.