Here is the information for this week:
Friday 27 Oct 17
Drill Team: 6:00 – 7:00 PM. This is our first practice and new members are welcome. Dress is civilian clothing.
Band: 7:00 – 9:30. Dress is civilian clothing
Sunday 29 Oct 17
Marksmanship and Biathlon: 6:00 – 9:00 PM. Dress is civilian clothing
Monday 30 Oct 17
Flying Scholarship: 6:30 – 8:30 PM at Simonds High School
Poppy Campaign: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM (or 8:30 for Costco): Dress is uniform with shirt, tie, and tunic. Your supervisor will meet you at the location with the poppies. Schedule is attached. If you have any issues, please contact Capt Meunier. Poppy Schedule 2017
Wednesday 1 Nov 17
Regular Training – Dress is t-shirt and tunic.
– Tuesday 7 Nov 17 – Ridgewood Veteran’s Wing remembrance ceremony
– Friday 10 Nov 17 – Remembrance Day dinner – Two cadets are needed for servers (let Capt Phinney know if you are interested)
– Saturday 11 Nov 17 – Remembrance Day Parades (mandatory for all cadets)
– Saturday 18 Nov 17 – Zone biathlon competition
– Saturday 18 Nov 17 – Saint John Santa Claus Parade (mandatory for band members)
– Saturday – Sunday 25-26 Nov 17 – Band Seminar (Gagetown)
– Saturday 11 Dec 17 – Level 5 Workshops (mandatory for level 5 cadets)
For more information on events visit our website: https://161aircadets.ca/calendar/
Recruiting – this year we will again be running a “bring a friend” program. All cadets are encouraged to bring a friend who may be interested in joining cadets. If their friend joins and stays over three weeks the cadet who brought the friend will have their name entered into a draw for a prize.
Reminder: If a cadet cannot make it to a Wednesday night/regular event, the cadet should leave a message on the squadron answering machine 632-3215. Please do not e-mail Capt Phinney or post on facebook. This will ensure the admin o gets the message and can mark the cadet as excused.
For more information check out our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/161aircadets/ and follow us on Twitter @161aircadets.